Thursday, June 09, 2005

Technology Tales: Webcasting & Podcasting

I participated in my first Webcast session on Wednesday and found the content quite good, but the technology fascinating. I would give the citation for the site here, but it is a closed "by invitation only" site. I will talk about it in more detail and show some screen shots from the site at the upcoming Library Blogs and News Feeds workshop at CFLC next Thursday, June 16.

Also finding myself faced with a long drive on Wednesday and Thursday and wanting to make it more productive, I listened for the first time to a podcast, another technology that will be discussed in detail at an upcoming workshop, Technology Update, at Volusia on Wednesday, August 10.

I commend these particular podcasts highly for anyone wanting to learn more about the cutting edge of library technology applications. I found these detailed in an excellent blog, The Shifted Librarian, by Jenny Levine, one of the participants in the conference being recorded, the spring program of the New England Chapter of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. Although I found it very difficult to hear the contents clearly over the automobile and highway noises and had an almost overwhelming desire to take notes while driving, I still enjoyed them and learned a lot. I'll have to listen to certain sections again when I can actually hear them all, take notes, and look at the downloadable accompanying handouts at the same time!

SUBJECTS: TECHNOLOGY TALES; WORKSHOP WEALTH

No comments: