Saturday, September 23, 2006

Friday Fun Thing: Pangrams

From my CFLC colleague Diane comes this great Friday Fun Thing on Pangrams, or "holoalphabetic sentences"- those which use every letter of the alphabet at least once. "Pangrams are used, like lorem ipsum [pretty interesting history there, too!], to display typefaces and test equipment."
Thought this might be a Friday Fun Thing sometime in the future - I was reminded of these in an e-zine and didn't know there were so many examples. Heck with the quick brown fox! My favorite is:

"Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz." closely followed by "Two driven jocks help fax my big quiz."
As for me, I'm pretty fond of "How quickly daft jumping zebras vex." Indeed!

SUBJECTS: FRIDAY FUN THINGS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I created the one about the jocks and put it on Wikipedia a few months ago. I'm glad someone likes it.
But honestly, my favorite is "Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs."