Friday, December 15, 2006

Blog Business: WriteToMyBlog

These early paragraphs are being edited in Blogger after the rest of the post was posted from WriteToMyBlog (described below), in order to tell you what I found after using it. Skip to below the asterisks if you don't want the postmortem.

Above the asterisks is the Blogger default format; below is WriteToMyBlog's. The program inserted a title, which I chose to edit and it instructs you to turn off automatic line breaks in Blogger, which promptly reformatted the whole blog, much to its detriment. Therefore, I'm having to go in after the fact and take out the double breaks. The one thing I can't seem to quite get right, though, without spending an inordinate amount of time trying to figure it out is the spacing before the table. Sorry it looks funny; it looked fine before I published it, but looking at the published table, I see breaks that are inserted as I publish. I can't make them go away if they're not there beforehand and I'm not willing to mess with the formatting of the whole blog for the sake of one experimental table. :-(

*******************************
This is an experimental post written with a relatively new free blogging tool, WriteToMyBlog , which allows creating and posting from their site to multiple blogs simultaneously (if you have more than one). A large number of frmts formats (for example) and symbols (e.g., ♥, £, ¼) are featured (more than I've found on Blogger without having to go into the HTML), and there's a good tour on the site plus an example post that gives you a feel for what is possible. The comments in the example post explain a number of issues.

























Want Tables?

WriteToMyBlog

Also

Allows

Easy

Table Insertion

&
Editing

Without

Having

To Know HTML !

There's a spellchecker... también en otros idiomas (also in other languages) - though it won't correct bad grammar! There is a field for tags (I simply accepted theirs) and it also supports trackback, but be aware that Blogger doesn't support the latter (one of the things explained in the example).

It's easy to post photos from a Flickr account or videos from YouTube, but to post from the C:\ drive, which is normal for me, it's a bit more cumbersome than Blogger, ergo, no photo here.

For those of you who blog, try it out and kick the tires!

SUBJECTS: BLOG BUSINESS


Tags: , ,

No comments: