Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday Fun Thing: Pop Bubble Wrap

Okay, you know who you are, those of you addicted to popping bubble wrap...this is for you! (And it doesn't even hurt the environment or your fingers when you do too much of it, not that I would know anything about that... It does, however, have the same annoyance factor for anyone in your vicinity while you're doing this.)

This site, which perhaps begs the question of how much time on one's hands is too much time, even has a "manic mode" for folks who don't want to slowly savor the popping. There's also an unexpected laugh--be sure to have your speakers turned up when you ask for a fresh sheet! (Not that I would know anything about that, either...)

SUBJECTS: FRIDAY FUN THINGS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

I'm on the doctoral faculty at Walden University in the Health Services Program. I'm looking for partners for a videoconferencing grant I'm working on. You get to keep the videoconferencing equipment after the grant (valued at $9,000-$12,000 each---go to www.polycom.com to view the possibilities) in exchange for telling your patrons about the 6-week course I'm offering on anxiety/stress reduction, based on my book, LIVING WELL WITH ANXIETY (HarperCollins, 2006). In concert, we can decide exactly how to set up the program, but I'm suggesting once a week at a time when patrons may be most likely to be at the library. Participants can change or stay the same for the 6-week program, as long as they attend at least 1 time for about an hour. For their participation they get a free copy of my book.

Your part in the project:
I would need a letter of support from you when my grant writer requests it, and you would need to advertise the videoconferencing consultation, keep the equipment locked up and safe, and turn it on at the appropriate time---rather like turning on a TV. Polycom would deliver the equipment to you and answer any questions you have. If two libraries in your system participate, after the grant period, they can communicate with each other, show each other books or documents, have conferences without leaving their libraries, etc. Only creativity limits the possibilities!

In a time when library funding is at a low point, I'm hoping you'll want to participate in this exciting opportunity. I hope you'll get back to me and say you want to be a partner!

Sincerely,

Carolyn Chambers Clark, EdD, RN
Walden University
cclark@waldenu.edu